Laura Mommsen graduated from Drake University Law School in 2012 and spent the next nine years practicing in Iowa and Nebraska. Laura worked primarily in the areas of labor and employment law, personal injury, and medical malpractice. Prior to joining Ball Eggleston, Laura represented patients, families, doctors, hospitals, and insurance companies. This combination of experiences gives her a unique perspective and the ability to anticipate many of the other side’s arguments.
In 2021, Laura joined Ball Eggleston due to the firm’s strong reputation in and out of the courtroom, the firm’s client-centered approach, and the importance the firm places on giving back to the community. Laura currently serves on the Lafayette Legal Aid Board and as a volunteer for a local non-profit therapeutic riding center for children.
Laura passionately advocates for her clients, most of whom have been permanently injured at no fault of their own and have suffered unimaginable loss. Laura listens to each client’s experience and injuries and then persuasively conveys that story to receive maximum compensation for what was unjustly taken away.
Out-of-the-office, you will find Laura working on her acreage with her family where they raise, train, and show horses.
- Medical Malpractice
- General Medical Malpractice
- Vaccine Injury
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- General Personal Injury Services
- Product Liability
- Drake University, B.A., 2007 (magna cum laude)
- Drake University Law School, J.D., 2012
Associations, Awards, and Recognitions
- Former President, International Dispute Resolution Society
- Recipient, Order of the Barristers Award
- Regional Winner, American Association of Justice (AAJ) mock trial team
- Member – American Association for Justice
- Member — Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Member — Indiana State Bar Association
- Member — Tippecanoe County Bar Association
- Member — Iowa State Bar Association
- Member — Nebraska State Bar Association
- Admitted to the United States Supreme Court September 2021
- Admitted to the United States Court of Claims August 2021
- Admitted to the Indiana Bar 2021
- Admitted to the Nebraska Bar 2016
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa 2015
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa 2015
- Admitted to the Iowa Bar 2012