Medication should make you well.
If you or a loved one has suffered harm as a result of a prescription error, the law allows you certain rights and options to pursue in order to seek damages for your loss and suffering. You may be entitled to recover past and future medical bills, lost income or earning capacity, pain and anguish, and more.
Negligence or wrongdoing on the part of a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, hospital or other healthcare professional can result in prescription errors.
Some examples of mistakes that lead to patient injury or death include:
- Adverse side effect to the drug
- Dangerous combination of prescribed drugs
- Doctor recommends or prescribes the wrong drug
- Hospital or pharmacy dispenses the wrong medication
- Pharmacist misreads the doctor’s handwriting
- Pharmacist fails to fill the prescription as written
Please call one of our experienced personal injury attorneys at Ball Eggleston for a free consultation for a case evaluation and full explanation of your legal rights.