Michael (“Mike”) Stapleton’s practice is limited to personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and insurance law.
He is honored to be annually listed in “Best Lawyers in America” for personal injury litigation, and as an Indiana “Super Lawyer” in Indianapolis Monthly Magazine.
Mike was voted “Trial Lawyer of the Year” for 2016 by the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association. He is a fellow in the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and American College of Trial Lawyers, having served as Indiana state chairman in 2007-08. Mike serves on the board of directors of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association and in the Indiana Trial Lawyers College of Fellows. He is also a registered mediator for civil disputes.
In his spare time, he enjoys traveling, making furniture, reading, exercising, and spending time with his grandkids.
- Medical Malpractice
- General Medical Malpractice
- Vaccine Injury
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- General Personal Injury Services
- University of Kentucky, B.A., 1969
- University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D., 1972
Associations, Awards, and Recognitions
- “Super Lawyer” — Indianapolis Monthly Magazine
- 2016 Trial Lawyer of the Year — Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Member and Past President — Tippecanoe County Bar Association
- Master Fellow/Member — Indiana Bar Association
- Member — American Association for Justice
- 2018 Indiana Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year — Best Lawyers in America
- Fellow — American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow — International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- 2007 – 2008 Indiana State Chairman — American College of Trial Lawyers
- Board of Directors — Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors — Indiana Trial Lawyers College of Fellows
- AV Preeminent Rated — Martindale-Hubble