John McBride was born January 15, 1943 in Hillsboro, Ohio. He received his B.A. degree at Denison University, Granville, Ohio, in 1965 and his J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law in 1968, with the designation of Order of the Coif. He then joined the law firm of Ball, Eggleston, King and Bumbleburg, in Lafayette, Indiana, now known as Ball Eggleston. John is a member of the Tippecanoe County Bar Association (having been both president and treasurer), the Indiana Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. He is a Master Fellow of the Indiana Bar Foundation and has been a member of the Estate Planning Council of Lafayette, having served as its president.
John’s practice focuses on individual and family estate planning matters, estate administration, trusts, general business, corporate and partnership law. He has been recognized in each edition of the Best Lawyers in America® since its 21st edition in 2014 for his high caliber work in the area of estate planning, trusts, and estates.
Throughout his career, John has also been heavily involved in community activities. He has been board member, past vice chairman and past chairman of Greater Lafayette Health Services Inc., a board member and chairman of Lafayette Home Hospital Inc., a board member and chairman of North Central Health Services Inc., a board member of the Greater Lafayette Museum of Art, a board member and president of Lafayette Symphony, Inc. and Lafayette Symphony Foundation, Inc, a board member of Bank One Lafayette, NA (prior to its absorption by JP Morgan Chase), board member for Food Finders Food Bank, Inc., and a board member, vice president, president and fund drive chairman of the United Way of Greater Lafayette.
John’s family consists of his wife, Prella, three children, seven grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.
- Estate Planning & Admin
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Elder Law
- Business & Corporate Law
- Municipal Corporations Law
- Partnership and Corporate Law
- Denison University, A.B., 1965
- University of Cincinnati, J.D., 1968, (Order of the Coif)
Associations, Awards, and Recognitions
- Past President, Vice President, Treasurer — Tippecanoe County Bar Association
- Member — Indiana State Bar Association
- Member — American Bar Association
- Past Chairman — Indiana Commission for Continuing Legal Education
- Recognized for Trusts and Estates — “Best Lawyers in America 24th Edition”
- Master Fellow — Indiana Bar Foundation
- Board Member — Food Finders Food Bank, Inc.
- Past Chairman and Board Member — Greater Lafayette Museum of Art
- Past Chairman and Board Member — Greater Lafayette Museum of Art Foundation
- Past President, Campaign Chairman, and Board Member — United Way of Greater Lafayette
- Past Chairman and Current Board Member — Lafayette Symphony Foundation, Inc.
- Past Chairman and Board Member — North Central Health Services, Inc.
- Past Chairman and Current Board Member — North Central Health Services Grant Committee