Personal Injury

Even an injury of moderate severity can cost thousands of dollars in medical bills and lost wages. We'll help get the compensation you deserve.

Read more

 Practice Areas

The attorneys at Ball Eggleston use their diverse skills and experience to offer legal services in a variety of practice areas.

Read more


Visit our blog for resources and news updates! We have a series of posts about our attorneys and helpful information about our legal services.

Visit the Blog

 Contact Us

Our office is located in the heart of downtown Lafayette, Indiana. We are available at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!

Get in Contact

Latest News


Best Lawyers Award Badge

Common Questions  

  • What is limited liability?
    When a person does something to harm someone else, or omits doing something and someone else is harmed, not only is the person liable for any damages caused by the act or omission, but that person's employer or business partner is personally liable also, thus exposing all of their personal assets to the claim of the injured party.
    Business Law
  • How can I get the father of my child to pay support?
    The father of a child born out-of-wedlock is not required under Indiana law to pay support until paternity is established in a court proceeding and support is ordered by the court.
  • What happens if I make gifts now and later need Medicaid to help pay for nursing home care?
    The rules of each state differ slightly. In Indiana, you may not gift away your property to qualify for Medicaid.
    Elder Law
  • If we are already married, is it too late to make a “prenuptial” agreement?
    You can still have a marital agreement if it is entered into without fraud, duress, or misrepresentation. Because the marriage itself can no longer act as consideration for the agreement, other consideration must be given.
    Prenuptual Agreements
  • What planning documents should I have?
    Most people should have a Will, a Power of Attorney, and an Appointment of a Health Care Representative. You may also want to consider a Living Will, a Trust, a Funeral Planning Declaration, and special powers of attorney (e.g., a power of attorney to care for a minor child in your absence).
    Estate Planning
  • Can I adopt my relative's child?
    Yes, with the consent of the mother and father, or over the objection of either if there is reason to terminate the parental rights of the objecting parent. There also must be an in-home study conducted by an approved agency and the result of the study must be favorable to the adoption.
    Family & Adoption
  • Did you know, if you die without a will, state statutes determine who your heirs will be?
    They will also determine what percent of your estate they will inherit based upon their relationship to you. If you have no surviving relative on this statutory list of heirs, your estate goes to the state.
    Wills & Estates

Meet Our Attorneys